- Repetition of key and fundamental skills when revisiting each Threshold concept of PE. Ensuring links are made to previous years learning and key vocabulary.
- Opportunities for cross curricular links to healthy living through other subjects such as Science, DT and PSHE. Outside agencies such as Bikeability, Royal Ballet, Blackpool and Fylde Rugby Club to provide activities and workshops linking to healthy lifestyles and fitness.
- All staff are using accurate subject vocabulary, which is progressive.
- Use of a skills based curriculum which is planned with the support of the subject leader and the school sports coach.
- Provide a broad range of extracurricular clubs, which links to awards such as Arts Mark, the School Games Award, and Children’s University.
- Ensure children attend swimming regularly in Year 4
- Provide opportuntities for pupils to experience clubs which are on offer outside of the school.
- Provide pupils with opportuntities to represent their house and school in intra and inter school competitions.