- Assessment for learning strategies are used on a daily basis. These will allow a picture to be built up of the pupils’ progress, any areas of strength or weakness that can then be addressed in teachers’ planning.
- Assessment of learning is completed termly. Children complete independent writing pieces within a unit of work, which are assessed against our writing criteria.
- Teachers will have at least 6 moderated pieces of work through the academic year. These will then be sent up to the next teacher as evidence of what the children can already do.
- Analysis of the data impacts upon teachers planning so pupils’ needs can be addressed.
- Moderation of teacher assessment is also completed termly in order to ensure that judgements are accurate. This is carried out within school.
- Moderation of writing is also carried out with other schools to check the accuracy of our judgments.
- At the end of KS1 and KS2 Year 2/6 teachers use the Teacher Assessment Framework to report teacher assessments.
- In 2019, Year 6 writing was moderated by the LA and all judgements were agreed with.